Friday, June 12, 2009

I Have Returned

Go back to then.
When?
Now.
Now?
Now.
I can't.
Why?
We missed it.
When?
Just now.

Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet
and George Wynur as Colonel Sandurz
Spaceballs (1987)

I'm back in the office this morning after a brief, unexpected absence of two days. I had the opportunity to spend a little more time with God and my family than normal, and that has been a very good thing. I'm back to things today a little bit behind, but a whole lot more focused, so we'll see how everything works out.

We're still trying to figure out how to make life work here. We've got a lot going on for the Swanks between homeschooling and having me work at home. That's to say nothing of actual family time. Or church. Or parent time. Or time for housework. Or time for recreation. I'm still struggling with there not being enough time for everything I want and need to get done in my average day, but that will get easier as I continue to get this whole time management thing down.

Part of the trick is making sure that there's time in the day for me to do whatever I want. We do the same thing with money already; I get a small allowance every month which is basically for me to blow on whatever, and having that allowance keeps me from blowing money out of the general fund. If I want something I can't afford, I have to wait until I've saved enough for it. It works for me. I'm going to try doing that with time, too, and make sure I have a designated time during the day that's just for me and my hobbies, which should make it easier to keep that time from creeping into everything else.

Yeah, that's enough rambling for today. See y'all later today when I shill my sites again. Yeah, I'm shameless.

No comments: