Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Shut Up

We are setting the default behavior for magic_quotes_gpc to off in our php.ini's in order to make way for our upcoming SiteBuilder upgrades.

My server
January 13th, 2009

Shut up. Just shut up and stop messing with my magic quotes. I don't want your SiteBuilder, I don't want your apologies for any problems you might have caused, no, no no. I just want you to stop messing with my server. Or, as an alternative, send me an e-mail notice that you've messed with my server. Or, even better, send me the e-mail notice several days in advance of a major configuration change. Whatever you do, though, server people, please try to not make your client have to WASTE HOURS TRYING TO DEBUG CODE THAT SHOULD WORK BECAUSE YOU CHANGED A STUPID 1 TO A 0 IN A CONFIGURATION FILE!

Okay, I think I feel a little better now. Time to go remind myself that I need to make enough new money this year to up my IT budget by about $200 a month so I never have to deal with this kind of nonsense again. Grumble, grumble ...

No comments: