Friday, January 16, 2009

I Wrote This Last Night

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat and never get caught.

Jesse "The Body" Ventura

I'm cheating and post-dating this blog post for tomorrow. Sue me. I've got a ten-minute upload going and the urge to write more.

I mentioned Phil Wickham in my last post, and I'm going to mention him again because he's great. We were introduced to him by our wonderful and talented worship pastors at church (hooray for Frank and Beth!) during one of our services. Holli and I liked his music, and we investigated him a little bit. Turns out he has an album, Singalong, available on his site. The cost: cheap as free.

It's an awesome album, too. He did it as a live set, and it's just him with a guitar. He's got a mic for the crowd so you can hear them singing along - oddly enough, considering the album's title - which really adds to its power in my opinion. He mixes in old hymns like "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus" and "How Great Thou Art" with his own original music, and it's just a great, great listen. It gets more time on my PSP right now during my nightly music listening than any other album right now. Plus it's free, as in it costs no money and yet is still totally legal. Go download Singalong now.

If you're at this line, you're still reading and didn't listen to me. You must not be convinced that something that's both awesome and cheap as free is worth downloading. Fine, here's a YouTube video.

No comments: